Many entrepreneurs in beauty, health, and wellness fields end up working long hours each day, and seven days a week. This isn’t sustainable, though. Taking a day or two off every week is an essential part of maintaining your work-life balance—and your mental, emotional, and physical health. And it’s important that you actually achieve some genuine recharging on your day off, otherwise it’s not much good to you.
So, keep your stress levels in check and your long-term sanity somewhat stable with the following pointers for recharging on your day off from your salon, studio, or spa.
How to De-Stress and Recharge on Your Day Off
- Take care of your errands the night before your day off, if possible; otherwise, get them out of the way early in the day so the obligation isn’t hanging over you, interfering with your ability to relax
- Don’t be afraid to lie around in bed for a while after you wake up
- Have a leisurely breakfast and take plenty of time to enjoy your coffee, tea, or other morning beverage of choice
- Don’t do any work on your day off
- Try to stay off your phone and computer as much as possible; electronic devices induce stress subconsciously (and interfere with your ability to fall asleep if you use them before bed)
- Get outside for at least a little while, preferably in a natural setting; take a stroll around your neighborhood or a nearby park
- Do some yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises
- Spend some time with a family member or friend you don’t get to hang out with enough during the work week
- Treat yourself to a favorite snack
- Take a nap in the afternoon if you feel like it
- Fit in some reading, baking, knitting, guitar playing, or other hobby of yours
- Take a long bath before bed; combine it with some aromatherapy with essential oils or candles, soothing music, and/or a glass of wine